October 15, 2015 – Since the announcement that I had a hand in making 5/3 Bank pay an $85MM fine, I have received over a 100 emails of support. First, I must thank all of my family and friends that sent emails and supported me over the past 7 years, and longer.
Also, a special thanks to my former staff that sent congratulations. It was with your buy in of my program that we were able to receive a Best In Class in the Nation rating from bank examiners. We could not have achieved that without everyone believing that things can be done 100% ethically with no caving in ever.
The emails I received had similar themes:
- You are Da Mann!
- Good for you for fighting the good fight, and that you were vindicated. I just can’t believe their shareholders didn’t take this a little more seriously.
- Wow! A resounding vindication and testament to your integrity. Well done. You are a man to admire.
- Wow George! Congratulations!! And BTW as a taxpayer thank you!
- congrats george. thanks for winning one for the good guys
- Glad that you are finally able to get this out in the open and be vindicated. They certainly picked on the wrong guy back in 2008 didn’t they?!
- Your ethics and patience are admirable.
- It warms my heart to see 5/3 hand over $$ for their many abuses.
- Congrats Mr. Mann. Thanks for having the guts to step up and take a rip at a monster that is out of control.
I wonder how many emails of support 5/3 received? LOL
I will write more over the next few months. Nothing in the settlement requires my silence. I went the route I did because I would never agree to be silent. It was a long, tough route, but it was worth it. Everyone deserves to know the full truth.
For now, I leave you with the song that got me thru many tough situations over the past 20+ years. Give it a listen any time someone wants you to compromise your ethics.
Til next time….
I Won’t Back Down
Well I won’t back down
No I won’t back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won’t back down
No I’ll stand my ground, won’t be turned around
And I’ll keep this world from draggin me down
gonna stand my ground
… and I won’t back down
Hey baby, there ain’t no easy way out
(and I won’t back down…)
hey I will stand my ground
and I won’t back down
Well I know what’s right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin me around
but I’ll stand my ground
…and I won’t back down